5.31.2011

My Designs:

The other day I featured some breathtaking artwork by michelle armas...well I am DYING to own one of these pieces (eventually) but here is how I would design a room to showcase one of these beauties...yes, I designed an entire room around a painting...because it is that fabulous.I'm obsessed with all the colors in this one. So, here is my unapologetically feminine "sitting room"...(I mean doesn't every girl deserve a room just for her to sit, drink coffee, read a book, read a magazine, talk on the phone, daydream, drink champagne....?! I think so.)



The vision: blush colored accents and delicate furniture silhouettes with luxe textiles and metallics balanced by bold, graphic patterns, raw finishes, and eclectic styling

The execution: thick black and white striped accent wall; blush painted ceiling; stunning brass jonathan adler sputnik chandelier; coral ombre Anthro curtains; plush yellow velvet sofa with black and white chevron and linen dot pillows; metallic splattered cowhide rug; vintage regency chairs topped with Anthro bolsters; Z gallerie distressed coffee table topped with jonathan adler brass urchins; romantic chaise with tribal ikat pillow; DVF graphic rug; Walmart (yes Walmart) violet sidetable topped with vintage brass industrial lamp and a vase of coral dahlias (of course!); all directing your eyes to the stunning michelle armas painting flanked by brass sconces and a custom clean, simple modern peacock blue console....ahhhh perfection! I could sit here for days...


Wishing you a FABULOUS day,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...