7.25.2011

La Vie Boheme

Back stateside from a lovely, much needed vacation...being completely unplugged from your phone, computer, watch, and outside world for a week does a body good. Feeling like someone hit the restart button, I'm relaxed, rejuvenated, and ready to go full speed ahead now...

My top 10 favorite things about the Bahamas:
10. magically crystal clear water that fades from the palest aquamarine to cerulean to turquoise to the deepest emeralds and jades like the veining of malachite 9. Lily white sands 8. breathtaking and indescribable panoramic sunset views as variegated as the ocean tides- soft pastel cantaloupes and wisteria one night, vibrant vermilion and inky navy the next 7. dolphin kisses (our tourist indulgence) 6. conch fritters and calypso sauce at the local fish fry 5. jitney and cabbie rides and the most fascinating people you will ever meet, specifically Goldie (our favorite cabbie) 4. rum, lots of rum 3. island time 2. the remarkable "don't worry, be happy" mindset ingrained in this culture (something my high strung self was captivated by) even in the midst of hardships 1. being completely unplugged from what was going on around me (in the broader global sense) to become acutely aware of what was going on in front of me and around me (immediately)

So now, enjoy a collection of pictures of all my favorite colors, sites, textures, foliage, and views from this past week. It is truly astounding the things you become aware of and appreciate, both grandiose and minute,  when you allow yourself the opportunity to absorb and acknowledge them:


















Take a few moments today to enjoy your own surroundings, perhaps even document them. What is in your city, backyard, office, cubicle view, walk to work...what colors, textures, unique pairings, visual delights go unnoticed in your day-to-day that could perhaps breathe new life, pleasure, and enjoyment into your day-to-day if you stopped to smell it? see it? acknowledge it?

Celebrate the overlooked,
P.S. Because I had no Internet last week my blog post lineup didn't pan out the way I had hoped (Give me a break I've only been blogging 2 ish months!) . In case you missed it check out the boutique hotels I featured here, here, here, here, and here.

P.P.S. Because I'm feeling nautical today here is an outfit that reminded me of a picture that reminded me of a shoe (good things always lead back to good shoes):

1 comment:

  1. Love all of your pictures Christina! They are so beautiful. Glad to hear you had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...