8.03.2011

Color File: Red and Purple


"When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple
with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
and satin candles, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired
and gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
and run my stick along the public railings
and make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
and pick the flowers in other people's gardens
and learn to spit."
-Jenny Joseph



I am beginning to think that these lovely ladies are on to something...


Because I am crazy for purple paired with  red, lilac with poppy, violet with geranium, lavender with raspberry {in case you couldn't already tell from our new blog look}...


Something your mother used to tell you didn't match as a child all of a sudden is captivating...


...bewitching...

Saffron - Purple, red and yellow

....beyond feminine and fashionable...


And the PERFECT color pallet for interiors, Say you take this vibrant headboard...



Frame a peculiar picture of a purple elephant above...perhaps in a vintage frame painted....RED?

{Pinterest}

A lovely duvet in this fabric...



Paired with this nightstand...


Don't believe me? Check out how stunning this regal duo looks in these showstopping interiors:


{Domino Magazine}

{Domino Magazine}



{Pinterest}

The key to successfully marrying these equally strong minded hues is to decide upon one, purple OR red, as your main color. The other will then serve as a powerfully accent to amp up architecture, accessories, or art. In this relationship only one of the punchy personalities can be dominant, otherwise marriage counseling will need to be sought for their union. The same goes in utilizing the combo in outfits as seen in my backyard afternoon frolic...




Stay ravishing dahling,

2 comments:

  1. My grandmother used to be a Red Hat Lady. I thought it was so silly, but then again what else would you do with oodles of time on your hands?

    Love the red and purple combination.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...