8.08.2011

Personal: Sweet T {& Designs by C}

I am so proud today to announce to official launch of my website,

Honesty, openness, and transparency (all crucial qualities in any good relationship so I am unveiling my behind the scenes to this development in hopes you devoted readers find hope, inspiration, and motivation as well) : Upon graduation this past May I found myself pretty stressed out and in low spirits as I met resistance after resistance with the down economy trying to find an interior design/ design related job (which is why I created this blog to keep my spirits high and to remind myself daily that I do, in fact, love what I do and to find inspiration to keep those creative juices flowing even if I wasn't currently working on a project). I know many recent grads, regardless of majors, can relate. Finding a job is most definitely a full time job and my spirits and confidence definitely got a few hard blows. So, this summer, after starting this blog, my therapy,  and LOVING writing it every day I began to think, through a lot ( A LOT) of soul searching I found myself gravitating towards the idea of starting up my very own interior design gig. What initially started as a notion to supply myself with the outlet and possibility of taking on freelance jobs while I simultaneously sought employment quickly became my all consuming (when I wasn't pumping out resumes and applications) summer project, passion, and love. I will admit to you that this website has been completed for several weeks now and I have been hesitant to "promote" it but, again, after lots of soul searching I decided not to let my insecurities about this wonderful venture get the best of me (after all if I was somehow able to dream it up- and this thought has never before crossed my mind so I know that when it came it meant something significant and special- it was a clear instruction from above and I know that it is possible), to throw it out there and to see where it takes me. My hopes in sharing that isn't at all that you supply me with pity or that you look at my site out of sympathy but that you see that yes, everyone goes through valleys (big and small) in their lifetime but it is what you choose to do while you are in those valleys, what perspective and outlook you choose to have down there, that ultimately shapes your path as you proceed forward to your next peak. It may take hard work, long hours, late nights, resources you don't necessarily have...it may seem impossible, silly, frivolous, unattainable at times...you may feel like you are at it alone with no support, no one understands...but I promise someone up there does...just have faith and keep pushing through.

So, without further ado, my creative summer love child, the sister musing of this blog, my passion and privilege, my website:



"Upon graduation Christina sought to continue her career path started in residential and some commercial design through perusing her dream of starting her own design studio. Christina started a blog, dahlias dreams and damask, in order to keep her hopes up and to serve as a reminder of her love for design in a down economy and difficult job market. As she developed this creative endeavor a refound love for design emerged and Christina founded Sweet T {& Designs by C} in 2011 in order to  provide a creative platform for her passion so that she might assist, inspire and direct others in the paths of their creative musings and visions. The name Sweet T comes from  Christina's nickname "Teney" as well as her love for her charming southern upbringing and of course her mamma's county famous southern table wine."


"Her philosophy is to "always exercise the utmost care, creativity, dedication, devotion, punctuality, precision, and gusto possible in every project she produces. To extend personal style, values, and ethics along with innovative, unique, and unparalleled aesthetic solutions to clients while maintaining a strict respect and adherence to their wants, needs, and budget. To always exude a signature style representative of Sweet T {& Designs by C} while simultaneously remaining complementary to the character of the client. And to outsource the same dedication into the surrounding community in which she strives to flourish." As purpose guides her passion she hopes her passion will, in turn, help inspire you to find yours too."



So, in honor of my launch today here are some lovely pictures for the perfect "T" party:
{more tea themed pictures can be seen on our blog post here}

{via}

{via}

{via}

Giant Tea Cup Styled Shoot | Bridal & Wedding Photography » Simply Bloom Photography
This should win Most Tumblr-y Photo Of All Time: white girl with braided hair in a field with a giant tea cup. I can’t even…
{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}

Stay sweet, dream big, and work hard,

P.S. You can now access the site via the right sidebar!

2 comments:

  1. Christina,

    I am so excited and happy for you! Your website looks amazing and I know wonderful things will come from it. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah! your consistent support means so much! I am very excited about it so fingers crossed on where it takes me next! {congrats on your new gig too missy, you will make a spectacular teacher!}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...