8.09.2011

Strawberry Fields

So, this post may be a little (okay a lot) cheesy and a slight departure from our normal all design encompassed themes but as I was looking up lighting fixtures the other day I came across these lovelies and immediately dazed out to another psychedelic dimension full of vibrant red fields, whimsy, sunshine, and sheer bliss...


the intro to a very familiar Beatles song began to play in my head...let me take you doooown cuz I'm going to..... and as the chorus approached I was completely lost in a daydream...


Strawberry fields FOREVER....


living is easy with eyes closed...

How sadly true is this? We venture throughout our day-to-day with blinders on, focused on the end goal with not-so-much as a side glance to the beauty and splendor of the minute details around us. It is easy and efficient to progress forward if you don't allow yourself the opportunity to become sidetracked, even if for only a mini second, and side swept by the intricacies of all that encompass our world. As my brain DJ replays this song over and over I find myself sitting at my desk relaxing, reflecting, reminiscing...and wondering what it was I HAD TO DO this morning that was so important that I hadn't noticed the way the sun was shining on the trees out my window until now...the shadows are darker and more defined...the sun has changed position...fall is fast approaching and I can tell by the way the sun is falling on these trees....where did summer go? What have I been so caught up in that this event has slipped by without my initial noticing? Time is slipping away.....as easily as a daydream to a song.....Take today to look around, absorb, and appreciate. And, perhaps incorporate a little "strawberry fields" mentality into your home decor or wardrobe to remind you to sloooooowwwwww it down.


{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}


{via}

{via}

grab a scarf, a necklace, a skirt, a swipe of red lipstick, some bright red nailpolish, a can of red spraypaint to attack that old mirror frame, a bowl to display a fresh selection from the grocery store, a picture frame to showcase that red inspiration from the magazine you cut out....and relish in this moment, in today.

nothing to get hung about,


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...