9.22.2011

Fall Florals

Maybe it's the sad, grey, rainy skies that haven't lifted since Sunday, or, maybe it's the continuous flooding of my visual radar with New York Fashion Week's Spring 2012 finest. Whatever it is, I am absolutely craving some bright, bold, vibrant, punchy, frilly, and excessively pattern and color saturated all over feminine florals.

{via}


{via}

{via}

I crave beautiful floral textiles for DIY home projects so that I might redress my nest in spring,

{via}

Pillows and cushions perfect for a spot of tea and a scone,

{via}

A plush garden to walk upon, or perhaps sprawl out on with a stack of magazines and books,

{via}

I want meandering vines of blossoms to crawl up my walls and encapsulate my home,

{via}

To provide me with a warm, happy, soft, yellow, glowing light...in the absence of the sun


{via}

I want to put on a floral frock,  

{via}

Or some floral tights,

{via}

To confidently combine my florals together,

{via}

Or simply paint them on my nails like a fine piece of china...
and brave the grey of this day...

But, alas, it is no longer spring, it's the end of summer. So how should I flaunt my femininity with the cold nips of autumn rolling in? Whether in your home or wardrobe pair florals with darker backgrounds (navy, grey, black, and brown as oppose to white), choose deep, saturated jewel tones as oppose to pastels, mix with chunky knits, velvets, corduroys, and heavier fall layers and textiles, combine florals with other florals, masculine stripes, leopard print, or dots for unique and fashion forward pairings, and warm it all up with a plush scarf or throw blanket.


How does your garden grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...