10.26.2011

Color File: Camel + Pink

On this hump day we are going to discuss a different kind of hump and my newfound love and adoration for

C A M E L  +  P I N K

{via}

No, not that one this one:

{via}

Ahhh, stunning, no? Camel has always been a classic staple for fall + winter. It's chic and cozy, soft and sexy, feminine and fierce, sophisticated and suave, rich and ritzy, luxurious and lush, pampered and posh, warm and always a major "WOW." And when paired with texture, subtle glimmer, and chunky knits....major. But here is the thing about fall + winter. As much as I die over the gorgeous colors and crisp air that surrounds me my colorfully fun and vibrant summer wardrobe goes into hibernation and I am left at a complete 180 with my neutrals. It is highly unlikely you will see me in color (aside a random scarf or bangle) during these months. The initial appeal of sporting my navy, black, grey, camel, creams and winter white (seriously half my fall/winter wardrobe is cream an winter white) feels very classic and sophisticated a-la Jen Aniston but, frankly, after the leaves hit the ground and roughly two weeks of grey skies and temps below 70 I'm way over it and find myself pining for spring. I need my color jolt to get me through. And, the same goes for my home. Accent pillows and accessories get switched out from optimistically saturated summer colors and patterns to more subdued and "fall" like ones- always exciting, but, the initial appeal fades as soon as the dark by dinner time and constant cold puts me on house arrest for more than a few days. So, needless to say I am all on board with this season's fall brights. J.Crew, thank you for your genius creative team. This season pairing your typical fall neutrals totally gets amped up with fuschia, bold teal, emerald green, persimmon, and of course, gorgeous pink with warm coral undertones. The perfect ode to the fade of summer.



{via}

{via}


{via}

{via}

{via}


{via}

So add a splash of unexpected color to your fall wardrobe, accessories, and home accents and relish in the glorious-ness that is this brisk season of change while maintaining your sassy summer sentiments,

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! I think I have a new color palette crush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right?! this duo makes me swoon. Thanks for your sweet comment and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...