10.14.2011

Design Crime: Enough With The Tuft

Now, I love me a classic chesterfield as much as the next gal and am, admittedly, an advocate of the tuft. I love it with leather, with linen, with velvet, with burlap, with solids, with stripes, with patterns. I love biscuit tufting, diamond tufting, octagonal tufting, etc...but there is a fine line between an ode at the prim and proper and an out-of-control psycho tufting issue. You are certainly entitled to your design opinion, but this is my blog, so...let us discuss the design crime that is OVER TUFTING don don don don......
FINED: OVER TUFTED SETTEE
{via}

FINED: OVER TUFTED OTTOMANS
{via}


{via}

FINED: OVER TUFTED UPHOLSTERED WALL
{via}

FINED: OVER TUFTED HEADBOARD
{via}

FINED: OVER TUFTED BANQUET (THE SNOOKIE OF THEM ALL)

{via}


I mean, it just looks downright alien, right? I just don't understand why there would ever be a need for such a heavy tufting hand, the sheer oppressive nature of all those indentations stresses me out and hurts my eyes. And, it makes me really sad... that can't be comfortable to sit on. There is a delicate balance, my friends, between cheesy Miami club tufting, overly pretentious Hamptons polo club tufting, and well, classy tufting. Less is more dear readers, less is more. Now let us discuss/observe the proper way to tuft...

SNAPS FOR: CLASSY SOFAS

{via}

SNAPS FOR: JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT HEADBOARDS

{via}

SNAPS FOR: CHAIRS WITH UNDERSTATED SOPHISTICATION

{via}

SNAPS FOR: UPHOLSTERED WALLS THAT DON'T OBNOXIOUSLY SCREAM "LOOK AT ME"

{via}

SNAPS FOR: MODEST BENCHES (AND LUCITE LEGS)

{via}

SNAPS FOR: KNOWING THAT EVERY SETTEE SURFACE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR TUFTING
{via}

ahhhh.....much better right?
Tuft Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...