11.28.2011

Eye Candy: Recharging

I hope that everyone had a wonderfully relaxing and extended Thanksgiving holiday filled with family, friends, food, and festivities! To cleanse our Thanksgiving pallet in preparation for all things Christmas to come (including more holiday decor ideas, themed Christmas gift guides, and more!) this week I am sharing with you simple compilations of things that I find to be inspiring, thought provoking, creatively engaging, and absolutely beautiful...things that you can simply sit back, observe, and relish in as "eye candy" in order to bring you out of your food coma, stir those dormant artsy wheels in your brain, and prep you for the next round of festivities.

All the hustle and bustle of this past week has left me (thankfully, gratefully, and wonderfully) exhausted and all of the warm and cozy oranges, and browns of turkey day (which was very quickly replaced by cherry red Christmas bows) paired with the unseasonably warm weather here in crown town has left me pining for a moment in cool and dimly lit silence to momentarily recharge, relax, recollect, and recompose. A long, deep breath of fresh and cool air to hit the reset button. Today I find myself yearning for a dove grey sky, a crisp autumn breeze, and all things soft grey and steel blue (accented with copper and metallics for a little dose of warmth- I need to be chilled out not icy!) to bring me back to a zen-like still.

I am longing for a quiet walk by the sea at sunset,
{via}

perhaps dressed in a billowy 1940's inspired dress (having just left a festive party)
 made of tulle that catches in the sea salt air and gently glimmers in the soft lighting.
{via}

I long for a quiet reading spot beneath a mighty oak dripping with Spanish moss,
{via}

or simply nestled in a niche lit by vintage lamps dripping with metallic accents.
{via}

I long to go on an adventure...to climb to the top of a dramatic spiral
staircase with nothing but my thoughts and the distant sound of the sea to keep me company...

{via}

 ...or to simply gaze out at a beautiful cityscape and daydream of adventures to come while allowing the soft whisper from the channel wind to sweep over my countenance and fade my troubles away.

{via}

To cook something warm (and simple) that touches the soul,
{via}

and eat it in bed surrounded by mounds of feather filled pillows,
{via}

and then get lost in a candle lit bubble bath and dream of it all again.
{via}


and B R E A T H E,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...