11.02.2011

Stealing Copper

Perhaps it's the canopy of fiery reds and oranges surrounding me in this season's parade of leaves or perhaps it's merely my recent obsession overload of all things metallic, but, currently, the only design thought floating in my head is that I have to somehow, someway steal find some fabulous display of copper to use somewhere in my home....or closet. This picture started it all:

{via}

The warm reflective glimmer off of these pendants paired with the white cabinets and bar chairs and the dove grey of the marble backsplash....swoon. It is the perfect accent to such a sleek, clean, and monochromatic backdrop: Dramatic and luxuriously momentous yet elegantly understated. Which, only reignited my tucked away love affair with Tom Dixon's lights,

{via}

and yearn for a copper garden tub to spend my days relaxing in,

{via}

or simply construct a copper wall that can be seen by every room in my house and distract me from all productivity as it magnificently captures the light and transforms with age and patina- surely the new nucleus of the home (so long kitchen).

{via}

 A sleek and slender copper accent pillow would do the trick and spectacularly glamorize a dapper and tweedy grey accent chair or a canvas of white bedroom duvets and pillows.

{via}

Or a copper swan chair would suit me just fine (and would surely help me work better at my desk, no?)
{via}

Alas, I have never been good with decisiveness so some copper nail polish, a coppery lace dress, or some glittery copper shoes will have to suffice until I can pin down what decor should satisfy my copper craving.

{via}


{via}


{via}

Add some glimmer to your life today,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...