1.27.2012

A Dash of Brass

I used to be a silver girl through and through. I turned my nose up at all things gold and brass tinted thinking it screamed doughty, old fashioned, and passe....and yes, some things still do. However, circa seven years later it's basically all I wear and own, and, it's what my design eye is immediately drawn to. There is a magical potential in the  personality of the piece- in the warm undertones of the metal, I am sure, that when paired with sleek and modern stylized silhouettes, updated period appeal of bygone eras, and a small dash of whimsy and quirky evolves into an innovatively intriguing and vivacious STATEMENT as oppose to a simple metallic object. Some brass accessories  and accents I'm fawning over:

Would love to pour a lovely libation out of thee:

{via}

Oh, how perfect to accent freshly pressed and elegantly monogrammed linen napkins:
{via}

I would just stare at it all day long...every day:
{via}

To stir my morning cup-o-joe:
{via}

To snip and snap:


{via}

To elegantly light my day:
{via}

Oh, how romantic would it be if we still used these?

{via}



What tidbits are you drawn to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...