1.09.2012

Tangerine Tango

This year's Pantone color tangerine {and all shades of orange} have always been slightly intimidating to me. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the brilliant pop and saturated optimism of this hue but frankly, it isn't the first color I am drawn to when designing a project or picking out an outfit {I literally only have one orange item in my closet...which I have never worn}. It is such an intense color  that oftentimes I am hesitant to attempt to curate interesting and innovative color pairings and stories that feel inspiring and not aesthetically overwhelming by the hue. Thankfully, with the year of all things tangerine I am pushed beyond my boundaries to expand, expound, and explore...to dare to tango with tangerine:

To explore bold, graphic pairings and textural marriages:
{via}

{via}

To creatively pair it with warm, earthy neutrals in a chic modern way {that doesn't scream Thanksgiving}:

{via}

{via}

To embrace tangerine's sophisticated, sleek, and savvy side and to remove my preconceived stereotype of it not being a serious color selection....to make tangerine tantalizingly swanky:

{via}

{via}

To embrace a-typical complimentary combinations by exploring variations of shades and tones {such as tangerine and sage or mint green as oppose to the typical teal and turquoise pairings}:

{via}

{via}

To maintain a strict aesthetic understanding that pairing the hue with this springs pastels does NOT limit it to a frilly and frothy mentality....pairing with this spring's lilac and bellflower pallet CAN have edge, sass, mature style, and oomph even in softer hues:

{via}

{via}

Tangerine and hot pink/fuschia does NOT always scream 13 year old girl {and is actually quite avante garde when done correctly}:

{via}


{via}

And any shade of its perfect compliment, blue is always a match made in heaven:


{via}

{via}

Ole,

1 comment:

  1. Warm and so brughtful colous!i love orange shades so much!

    http://acupofmary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...