2.13.2012

Eye Candy: Stream of Thought

Happy Monday readers! Won't you follow me in my stream of thought this morning as I gather up all the lovely inspirations floating around in my head, on my desk, and on my desktop and create a fairytale storyboard to get me through today? Sometimes I create faux design "stories" in order to make sense of all of the various ideas and items I find and to begin to collaborate them and file them away in my memory for how I would use them, change them, what I would pair them with, etc. So, I see a foyer....a large, grand foyer....serving as the entrance for an equally grand soiree today:

A clean pallet with dramatic charcoal grey walls and STUNNING architectural ceiling patterns on a crisp white ceiling with an ethereal orb of murano glass suspended in the center:
{via}

A vintage jade green console full of textural veining:
{via}

Underneath which would sit two campaign stools:
{via}

An orange Hermes tray would sit atop the green console along with a various assortment of lacquer boxes and gilded chotskies providing an unexpected jolt of color and iconic stature:

{via}

Ombre lowballs would be scattered atop the serving tray filled with celebratory libations for incoming guests:

{via}

A stunning opalescent confection of color and movement would prop up against the wall which would also be framed out with a gallery display of thick white matted hand sketches:


{via}

The ethereal glass of the chandelier would be continued onto the console with two hefty glass lamps topped with bold, graphic black and white stripes:

{via}


And, of course, I would be greeting guests in this lovely watercolor number with deco opal earrings (to play off of the painting of course):

{via}


{via}

Can't you just see it now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...